Advanced Technology and Certified Specialists
If you or someone you love is diagnosed with cancer, the Cancer Center at St. Anthony's Hospital offers a full range of cancer care services, including prevention, education, diagnosis and treatment. The center is a state-of-the-art facility, with advanced technology, managed by board-certified cancer specialists that provide the highest quality of care.
Together we are driven to return you to the routine of your daily life, as soon as possible. The team at St. Anthony's will focus on your individual needs. They are ready to answer your questions, explain complicated terms, and address any concerns you may have.
Cancer Care Where You Need It
The Cancer Center at St. Anthony's Hospital offers an inpatient oncology unit with outpatient services that include:
- 20-bed oncology unit - oncology-certified nurses, chemotherapy, support therapy services, pathology and cytology laboratory services
- Comprehensive diagnostic imaging - services include PET/CT Scan, ultrasound, X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, mammography with stereotactic breast biopsy and Nuclear Medicine
- Screening services - a wide range of screenings, from digital rectal exams (DREs) and colonoscopy to genetic testing
- Diagnosis, staging and treatment monitoring - featuring the Siemens 16-slice PET/CT unit
- Comprehensive surgical services – including inpatient and outpatient surgical programs
- Leading diagnostic and therapeutic treatments- including lymphoscintigraphy, sentinel node biopsy for breast cancer, conformal therapy for prostate cancer and stem cell therapy
- Radiation therapy center - top-quality radiation therapy on an inpatient and outpatient basis with linear accelerators providing external photon and electron treatment, and five board-certified radiation oncologists overseeing care
- Home healthcare - for recovering, disabled, chronically, and/or the terminally ill
- Cancer registry - develops and provides a comprehensive database of cancer patient information. This information is provided to physicians and administration for analysis of hospital performance regarding care of the cancer patient. It’s also provided to the National Cancer Data Base for compilation of national statistics, to the Florida Cancer Data System, to the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and to cancer patients and other cancer registries
Specialists Delivering Quality Care
Our patient care team includes physicians, certified oncology nurses, social workers, psychologists, pastoral care, physical, occupational and speech therapists, dietitians and pain management specialists.
The Cancer Center is designated as a comprehensive community cancer program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC). As a cancer patient, receiving treatment at a CoC-accredited cancer center will ensure that you are receiving quality cancer care.
For more information on The Cancer Center at St. Anthony’s Hospital, please call (727) 825-1253.
St. Anthony's Cancer Center
1201 5th Ave. N., Suite 130
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Phone: (727) 825-1253
Fax: (727) 825-1332